NextRadio is a smartphone app that connects over-the-air FM broadcasts with the internet to give users an enhanced radio listening experience including album art and program information as well as station feedback and other interactive features with the touch of a button. Introduced in August 2013 by an unprecedented deal between the radio industry and Sprint, it comes preloaded on all new Android devices hitting the market from Sprint, Virgin Mobile and Boost Mobile in stores and online and is supported by new HTC smartphones on all carriers. See the growing list of devices here.
View a short video highlighting NextRadio’s features here:
Introducing a set of groundbreaking updates to NextRadio – FM radio on your smartphone!
• Receive analog FM stations over the air instead of streaming
• Display a station’s logo, call letters & dial position
• Browse channels by Live Guide, genre, frequency & favorites
• Live Guide visual tuner showcases all local station programming in real time
• Enhanced synchronous ad & promotional types
• Dynamic related content “cards” accompany programming for additional information
• Song tagging capabilities
• Social integration (Facebook, Twitter & SMS)
• Real-time radio station interactivity