Dave Glover Halloween Film Festival
Switch - A 97.1 Parody of "Lights Out"
About the Contest
We've enlisted a panel of expert judges from the St. Louis area, including our own film critic, Max Foizey, to watch, review, and critique your works. And we're going to ask the public to do the same. We will review the submissions, feature them on our website, and determine finalists who will compete for the the Grand Prize.
The finalists will be specially featured on 971talk.com, have their film featured at a live screening hosted by Dave Glover, receive an official written critique from our judging panel, and be qualified for the Grand Prize. The winner of the Dave Glover Halloween Film Festival will receive a trophy and a cash prize of $500.
Stay Tuned - The Videos Will Be Featured Here on October 1
The Entry Period Is Now Closed
THE DAVE GLOVER HALLOWEEN FILM FESTIVAL - 2014 Official Rules
1. TO ENTER: To register for the DGHFF, follow the instructions found at 971talk.com/halloween. Registration is based on a first-come first-served basis and space is limited.
2. All costs associated with the production of the Entry are solely the re-sponsibility of the Entrant.
3. Eligible Entries will be judged based on the judging criteria stated be-low.
4. Entrants must be present at the designated times at the designated events to participate.
5. TERMS OF SUBMISSION: By submitting an Entry into this contest, each Entrant warrants and represents that the Entrant owns all rights to the Entry he/she is entering in this Project, including, without limi-tation, the video or digital recording, and the performance contained in each entry. Each Entrant further warrants and represents that the En-trant has obtained permission from each person who appears in the Entry to grant the rights to the DGHFF described in these Official Rules, and will submit copies of such permissions to the DGHFF if re-quested. By submitting an Entry, Entrant agrees to the Official Rules, and further agrees to indemnify and hold the DGHFF, Emmis Commu-nications and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees, harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable at-torneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or assert-ed by any third party against any of the DGHFF Indemnities due to or arising out of the Entrant's Entry materials in this contest, or the En-trant's conduct during and in connection with this contest, including but not limited to trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy or defamation. Entrant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless DGHFF and Emmis Communi-cations from any and all claims that any advertising, presentation, web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of DGHFF or Emmis Communications infringes on the rights of Entrant's work as contained in any Entry.
6. If any group of individuals elects to collaborate on an Entry, they are required to designate one (1) person as the agent of the group to en-ter the DGHFF, agree to these Official Rules, sign the Team Leader's Agreement and accept the prize on behalf of the group. Neither DGHFF nor any of the contest parties are liable for any disputes between col-laborators arising out of or related to the contest.
7. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Entries will be judged in a two tier process; First, the Official Judging Panel will select the finalist’s films from all submitted entries. Entries will be judged by a process in which quali-fied panels of judges will evaluate the eligible entries based on the fol-lowing judging criteria:
• Artistic Merit (e.g., Story, Creativity, Entertainment Value) (50%)
• Technical Merit (50%)
8. The Finalists films will then be posted online at 971talk.com/halloween for online viewing and voting from October 15th, 2014 through Octo-ber 28th, 2014. The Judging Panel will include the online voting in de-termination of final results. Entrants agree that the DGHFF has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this contest and that all decisions of DGHFF are final and binding.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, Entrants agree to these Offi-cial Rules and the general Emmis Contest Rules which are final and binding in all respects.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by DGHFF or Emmis Communications resulting from any user's participation in or attempt to participate in the festival or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the DGHFF or Emmis Communications for technical problems or tech-nical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occur-rences which may affect the operation of the Project: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communi-cation problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service provid-ers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent or re-ceived; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions; inac-cessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Project, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the contest. DGHFF and Emmis Communications are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data con-tained on the Web Site or social media sites maintained by the DGHFF. Use of Web Site and the DGHFF’s social media sites are is at user's own risk. DGHFF and Emmis Communications are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the DGHFF, use of the Web Site or the download of any information from the Web Site. By participating in the contest, Entrant agrees to release, indemnify and hold DGHFF and Emmis Communications harmless from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Entrant's participation in the contest.
11. WINNERS: Winners will be announced at the DGHFF Screening, Octo-ber 29th, 2014. And posted online at 971talk.com/halloween.
12. CONTEST ORGANIZER: KFTK-FM NewsTalk 97.1, The Dave Glover Show, Emmis Communications.
13. FILMMAKING RULES: The following rules apply to each participating group/production team:
A. Any type of video or film camera & equipment may be used.
B. The participant must hold all rights to any video and/or au-dio(music, sound effects, voiceover) used in its film and must be able to provide releases for any content if requested.
C. Total Running Time: The finished film must be a maximum of 7 minutes in duration not including pre-film required slates.
D. PRE-FILM REQUIRED SLATES: Before the finished film begins, the media should have...
• 5 seconds of black
• A title card with: entrant(s) name, title, genre, and date
A title card with: "This film was made for the Dave Glover Halloween Film Festival 2014. www.971talk.com/halloween.
• 2 seconds of black
14. Your Film must be submitted in the following form:
A self-contained Quicktime file (HD or SD) with no proprietary codecs (H.264 Mp4 preferred) on either:
- data DVD
- USB flash drive
-uploaded to “Vimeo” with provided password/downloadable permissions.
15. Notes on submissions:
• We recommend that you make sound levels relatively even throughout your film. (If your film has uneven sound or sound that peaks, it may be modified to protect the playback equipment.)
• Projection specs vary from theater to theater and are beyond the control of the DGHFF. If your film is very dark, it may be difficult to see in the theater.
16. A. The Entrant must submit a Certification Statement with his/her completed Entry, certifying adherence to all Official Rules.
B. To be eligible for the DGHFF, Entries must be the original work of the Entrant; must not infringe third-party's rights; must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent); must not contain obscene or pornographic material; may not contain defamatory state-ments about any person, company, organization or entity; may not in-vade privacy or other rights of any person, company or entity; may not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations; and may not contain any copyrighted elements (other than as owned by the En-trant and/or DGHFF).
C. Entries containing prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by the DGHFF, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate will be disqualified. DGHFF reserves the right to make the final determination as to which Entries are eligible. DGHFF also reserves the right to refuse to screen a film or to make an announcement at the screening regarding the content of the film.
D. No Entries (media or documents) will be returned.
E. DGHFF and Emmis Communications may, in their sole discretion, disqualify Entries deemed to be inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant.
F. The DGHFF and Emmis Communications may add to or amend these rules at any time prior to the beginning of the DGHFF.
17. General Contest rules supersede any rules written here in case of a dispute, to view General Contest Rules, click here.