The contest is now complete! Schools will receive notification from 97.1 on Monday regarding prizes. Thank you all for your participation!
It's the biggest School Spirit Award yet! FM NewsTalk 97.1 is giving your school a chance to win $5,000 during the 5th Annual School Spirit Contest! And this year, FM Newstalk 97.1 will award $2,000 to the 2nd place winner and $1,000 to the 3rd place school.
Voting will take place in three rounds. Round One will be held Monday, January 22nd through Sunday, January 28th. The Top 25 schools with the most votes will square off in Round Two from Monday, January 29th through Sunday, February 4th. The ten schools receiving the most votes will advance to the Final Round to be held Monday, February 5th through Sunday, February 11th. The school with the most votes at the close of the Final Round will win $5,000 and crowned the 2018 FM NewsTalk 97.1 School Spirit Award Winner.
This year, we’re awarding 1st place with $5,000, 2nd place with $2,000 and 3rd place with $1,000! To download full contest rules, click here.
- You can vote for each entry every 15 minutes! (That means you can support more than one school...maybe form an alliance?)
- Use social media! Get your Facebook, Twitter, etc. social groups talking and reminding they can vote every 15 minutes!
- Contact local community groups to see if they'll help get the word out.
- Set an alarm on your phone, clock, or smart speaker to remind you to vote.
- Get family involved! Tell grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins to help support your school.
- Votes will reset to zero with the start of each round.
|> Round One Voting
||> Round Two Voting
||> Round Three Voting
|All entrants compete to reach the Top 25
||The Top 25 compete to enter Top 10
||Top 10 vie for 1st ($5,000), 2nd ($2,000), and 3rd ($1,000) place
Monday, January 22 at 12:00pm
to Sunday, January 28 at 11:59pm
Monday, January 29 at 12:00pm
to Sunday, February 4 at 11:59pm
Monday, February 5 at 12:00pm
to Sunday, February 11 at 11:59pm
Previous winners include:
2016 - Brussels High School (1st, pictured above), Mater Dei (2nd), and St. Mark's Lutheran (3rd)
2015 - New Athens CUSD 60
2014 - St. Agatha Catholic School
2013 - St. John the Baptist Catholic School
Please allow up to one full business day for your entry to post. If you have any questions, email email@example.com.