JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT, Boston Bombers Wrap Up, & Top Interesting Facts About Earth Day
4/22/2013 3:00:00 PM
The dress JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT wore on Friday's "Ellen" was so revealing she actually apologized for it.
Check out some pics on today’s blog. And here's video of the apology.
It's Earth Day, but what do you really know about it?
We can help educate you with the Top Interesting Facts About Earth Day.
It only takes seventeen recycled aluminum cans to build a Smart Car.
If you celebrate today by dumping used motor oil from your Hummer into a storm drain that flows into the ocean . . . you're kinda missing the point.
It's celebrated with slightly less pot smoking than 4/20 Day.
You should mark today by riding a bike instead of driving a car. You won't. Because you're an obese bastard. But you should.
The best way to remind people of the environment's fragility is by mailing out thousands of non-recyclable Earth Day cards.
Earth Day was started by Senator Gaylord Nelson, who hoped founding a holiday would finally make people stop pointing out the ridiculousness of his name.
Every time you put a Free Tibet sticker on your Prius ON Earth Day, a hipster gets his mustache.
On Earth Day, the leaders of the biggest oil companies gather in a secret underground lair and watch disaster movies and giggle.
If you want to pick up hippie chicks that smell like patchouli and sweat, today's your lucky day!
I'm not sure how you could've missed this, but if you did . . . on Friday night, the FBI and Boston police successfully caught the second terrorist from the Boston Marathon bombing, and they got him alive.
Here are some updates . . .
1. They found 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev hiding in a dry-docked boat in Watertown, Massachusetts. David Henneberry is the owner of the boat . . . and he called the police when he noticed a trail of BLOOD.
2. After a standoff, police were able to capture him alive. Less than 24 hours after his 26-year-old older brother died in a shootout with the cops.
3. Now he's recovering in the hospital. He stabilized last night and has apparently been answering some of the investigators' questions in writing . . . since he's badly hurt on his throat from what MIGHT be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
4. Massachusetts doesn't have the death penalty, but the federal government DOES . . . and he COULD face a death sentence in federal court.
5. And here's the detail that's going to lead to a LOT of hindsight. Russia apparently warned the FBI about the older brother a few years ago after he took a trip back to Chechnya . . . but the FBI cleared him.
6. The Massachusetts police released thermal images of the 19-year-old suspect hiding in the boat. It's fascinating to see just how clearly they could make out his heat signature.
7. The boat was owned by 66-year-old David Henneberry . . . and took a LOT of damage. Apparently, people have been sending him money from all over the country to get a new one. His boat was valued around $50,000.
8. Both terrorists come from the Chechnya region of Russia. Which a lot of Americans have heard of, but don't really know much about. So the Czech Republic even issued a statement reminding people it's NOT part of their country.
9. Here's a new spin on the Boston lockdown. An "Esquire" writer posted about his one-night stand that started before the lockdown . . . and how it turned into a full day together.
10. The bombers' mother was arrested last year for shoplifting from a Lord & Taylor department store. And the surveillance video from a different Lord & Taylor was used to identify her sons at the Boston Marathon.
Music Mashups are quite popular on YouTube…here are a few of the most popular.
Blondie Vs. The Doors - Rapture Riders
Smells Like Rockin' Robin (Nirvana vs Michael Jackson)
Sweet Dreams are Made of Seven Nation Army (awkward title!)