What are the Voter Registration requirements?
• Must be a US citizen;
• Must be at least 18 years of age by Election Day;
• Must have been a resident of the precinct at least 30 days prior to Election Day.

When may I register to vote?
Registration is open year round except:
During the 27-day period just prior to an election and during the 2-day period after each election (1 day after in Chicago)

Where can I register to vote?
County Clerk's Office
Board of election commissioner's Office
City and Village Offices
Township Offices
Precinct committeemen
Public Libraries
Military Recruitment Offices

What forms of identification may be needed when I register to vote?
Two forms of identification with at least one showing your current residence address is needed when you register in-person. If you register by mail sufficient proof of identity is required by submission of your driver's license number or State identification card number. If you don't have either of those, verification by the last 4 digits of the your social security number, a copy of a current and valid photo identification, or a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, government check, or other government document that shows your name and address will be required. A person may also demonstrate sufficient proof of identity by submission of a photo identification issued by a college or university accompanied by either a copy of the applicant's contract or lease for a residence or any postmarked mail delivered to the applicant at his or her current residence address.

When can I consider myself officially registered to vote?
As soon as you receive a voter ID card in the mail, you can consider yourself registered. If you do not receive an ID card within 3 weeks after you registered, contact your election authority.What if I move, can I still vote? It depends on when you move. If you moved within 27 days of the election in the same precinct you can vote a full ballot by signing an affidavit. If you moved more than 30 days before the election within the same election jurisdiction, but outside your precinct, and did not transfer your registration, you can vote on a ballot for federal offices only after completing an address correction form. If you moved within 30 days before the election outside of your precinct, but you still live in the State, and did not transfer your registration, you can vote a full ballot in your old polling place after completing an affidavit. If you moved more than 30 days before the election out of your county or municipality under a board of election commissioners and did not transfer your registration, you cannot vote.